Formulated with Turmeric Root and Boswellia, our Pumpkin Spice/Cinnamon dog treats are formulated by industry experts for joint pain and help with inflammation and arthritis pain especially in older dogs. With all-natural Hemp Seed Powder our dog treats are packed with some of the most powerful organic nutrients for your dog’s joint health. Don’t settle for less than the best CBD oil for arthritis. Healthy Petables CBD Dog Treats is the best CBD Treats for dogs.
- Turmeric Root – Famous for its Anti-Inflamatory Properties.
- Boswellia – Shown to help with a variety of Ailments (Arthritis, IBD, even Asthma)
- Hemp Seed Powder – Great source Omega fatty acids and proteins. Great for joints overall health.
- Cannabidiol (CBD Oil) – Main Power Ingredient with many beneficial properties for inflammation and stress
Suggested serving: One treat (5mg) per every 10 lbs of body weight. Repeat every 4-8 hours or as needed.
|Tumeric Root||Has anti-inflammatory properties|
|Boswellia||Prevents loss of cartilage hence repairing damaged tissue.|
|Hemp Seed Powder||A complete protein rich in healthy unsaturated fats, essential oils, minerals and antioxidants|
|Full Spectrum CBD Oil||Main ingredient|
Other organic ingredients include Pumpkin, Brown Rice, Molasses, Cinnamon, and Healthy Coconut Oil.
Dosages for dog treats (including CBD oil for dogs with arthritis) depend on the body’s weight and the condition that one is trying to treat. The suggested doses for Healthy Petables CBD dog treats for joint and mobility are as follows:
0.5 mg of CBD per lb of body weight for ongoing severe pain, moderate to severe arthritis, and muscle spasm. For older dogs, a dose of 0.25 mg per lb of body weight may be started.
Treats should be given every 8 hours unless otherwise advised by your veterinarian.
If your dog weighs 40lbs and suffers from chronic arthritis, the calculation will be as follows: 0.5mg*40lbs=20 mg (each treat contains 5 mg, therefore 4 treats per serving will be given every 8 hours, which translates to 3 times a day).
LAB TESTING RESULTS
Our products undergo third-party lab clarification.
WHY IS JOINT PAIN & MOBILITY HEALTH FOR DOGS SO IMPORTANT?
LEADING CAUSE OF EUTHANASIA
Did you know that mobility problems are actually the leading cause of euthanasia in dogs that would otherwise have been perfectly healthy? That’s why it’s so important to keep the joints safe and strong!
PETS HIDE PAIN AND INJURIES
Instinctively, many animals are used to conceal injuries. This is particularly true of wild animals, the vulnerability of which is demonstrated by exposure to injury. In such cases, the pack leaves the “weak” one to be killed. It could be said that this behavior was passed on to our domesticated animals.
CERTAIN BREEDS ARE VULNERABLE
Dogs with a genetic predisposition to disorders such as arthritis and hip dysplasia should be closely monitored for their general health. Such breeds include retrievers, shepherds, and other large breeds. Other breeds, such as corgi and dachshunds, are genetically predisposed to spinal disorders due to their elongated torso. It is, therefore, necessary to keep close watch over their joint health.
HELP WITH MOBILE CHALLENGED PETS
There are also other factors that make a dog unfit to exercise normally. Examples include hip dysplasia, chronic continuous joint pain, osteoarthritis, and osteochondrosis. These are issues that may require immediate medical attention. Joint pain can cause immeasurable suffering in our pets, as well as irreversible loss of mobility and function.
WHY DO A DOG’S JOINTS & MOBILITY DETERIORATE?
Joint disorders may be either developmental or degenerative. In some cases, your pet might have a hip socket that is too large to cause the hip bone to pop in and out. This causes the bones to rub against each other, an abnormality that will eventually cause hip dysplasia as the dog ages. It’s a developmental problem.
However, osteoarthritis, which is the most severe degenerative joint condition, is the most likely cause of bone degradation.
- Osteoarthritis This results in a gradual deterioration of the joint cartilage. This condition triggers inflammation of the joints, which can be very painful. In chronic arthritis, the degenerated cartilage may be removed from the bone. This can include surgery to correct, followed by natural therapies such as exercise and vitamins to restore strength in the joints.
- Obesity – Studies have shown that obesity or overweight in dogs is a significant factor leading to an increased risk of developing osteoarthritis. This is attributed to increased lameness in obese dogs. Your dog should, therefore, be kept healthy and active, avoiding wheat and artificial foods that contain too many chemicals.
- Osteochondrosis – this is a condition caused by inadequate bone and cartilage formation in fast-growing dogs. Immature joint cartilage splits and breaks from the bone contributing to inflammation of the joint. This can lead to arthritis if the breakdown persists. While its origin is unclear, some causes, such as growth diets, rapid growth, and trauma, may be associated with osteochondrosis. Treatment involves surgery and relevant medication or supplements as advised by your veterinary surgeon.
- Hip dysplasia and elbow dysplasia – this involves abnormal growth of bones and cartilage that causes joint stress. In this case, the joints tend to be rigid and unable to move freely. The disorder is reversed by surgery in which anti-inflammatory drugs can be prescribed by the veterinarian. Joint supplements may also be helpful in this case.
- Ankle Fracture – this may be damage caused by an incident in which the dog refuses to use the injured limb. This leg continues to swing in all directions, causing even more damage.
OTHER JOINT & MOBILITY DETERIORATING CONDITIONS AT A GLANCE
Other causes of joint deterioration include:
- Kneecap displacement
- Aseptic Necrosis of the Femoral Head
- Septic Arthritis
- Immune-mediated Arthritis
- Cancerous Arthritis
- Cranial Cruciate Ligament Tear
- Hip or Elbow Dislocation
- Joint Fractures
- Palmar Carpal Ligament Breakdown
- Metabolic disorders
- Sarcocystosis in Dogs
DOG BREEDS PRONE TO DYSPLASIA
Hip and elbow dysplasia were found to be more common among larger breeds. Your dog may not have signs of dysplasia. Nonetheless, if you observe other behaviors, such as hesitance to exercise or ascending stairs, it would be best to check through your veterinarian. Breeds that are most vulnerable to dysplasia include:
- American Staffordshire Terriers
- St. Bernards
Small breeds such as Pugs and French Bulldogs may also fall victim to this inherited condition.
SYMPTOMS OF DETERIORATING JOINTS
There are certain signs and symptoms that indicate deteriorating joints. These include:
- Lameness or limping
- Reluctance to exercise or walk up and down a staircase
- Licking of affected joints
- Mood changes such as aggression in an otherwise calm and composed dog
- Weight gain
- Dodging of the dog when one tries to pet or touch
- Lethargy or excess sleeping
- Reluctance while standing up from a lying position
- Lazy sitting (hind legs stretched out)
- Causing accidents in the house while urinating or defecating
- Difficulty to hop into a car
- Dullness with the head bent down most times
WAYS TO NATURALLY IMPROVE JOINT HEALTH FOR DOGS
Besides CBD Dog Treats there are many supplements and activities that can help your dogs with joint pain.
Exercise is important in the day-to-day life of your dog. Seek to be imaginative with your workout option to keep things fun and healthy. One common exercise is walking, which is beneficial to both you and your furry companion. Playing fetch is another activity that most dogs seem to enjoy. Note that dogs do like to communicate with other pets, so help your dog make new friends by taking them to play with other pets.
2. MAINTAINING PROPER WEIGHT
weight gain is a predisposing factor for arthritis in dogs. Keep a check on the types of food you give to your dog. Maintain balanced nutrient-rich diets to ensure their weight is tested.
3. GLUCOSAMINE AND CHONDROITIN
Glucosamine is a natural compound that helps to control the synthesis of collagen. The shellfish shells are the natural harvest of this essential compound. On the other hand, Chondroitin promotes tissue elasticity and water retention. It helps to withstand shocks that can occur in the joints during trauma. It also protects the intestine from ulceration in dogs already treated with NSAIDs. The most common natural source of chondroitin is cow cartilage.
4. VITAMIN C
It is an antioxidant that is naturally synthesized in the body. This is also involved in the production of collagen, which is a part of cartilage. Vitamin C supplementation is important due to its increased need as the dog ages. Cranberry is an example of a natural source of vitamin C. It is, therefore, important to remember that high doses of vitamin C given over a long period can cause diarrhea in your dog. It is, therefore, best to adhere to dietary sources of vitamin C unless otherwise instructed by your doctor, perhaps in cases of very low vitamin C levels in the body.
- Turmeric – has many benefits, including pain relief and reduction of osteoarthritis inflammation. This was found to be the product of P54FP, an extract of turmeric.
- Fish Oil – Omega 3 helps reduce joint inflammation and may limit the production of certain negative proteins that increase in certain types of arthritis.
MORE ON OUR INGREDIENTS
The turmeric powder, a supplement in our CBD Dog Treats is healthy and the taste and aroma of the powder are pleasant.
- Possible Reduction with allergies in dogs.
- May help to regulate the body temperature in dogs.
- Turmeric powder may help to reduce depression and stress in dogs.
The turmeric powder also helps you to keep the dog’s diet balanced and prevents problems. You can give it with your meals and you can have your dog on a balanced diet.
- Improves the overall appearance of dogs.
- Turmeric powder may help to protect the hair from lice and fleas in dogs.
- Improves the skin quality of dogs.
What are the Benefits of Boswellia for Dogs?
– An alkaloid that has been linked to improved neurological health
– Relieves anxiety and depression
– It also helps with the secretion of dopamine and serotonin, which are known to make you happy
– Has been used in calming children in hospitals and school settings
– Works with nerve receptors in the brain that can be damaged
– Has powerful anti-inflammatory properties
– Helps soothe sore muscles
The anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving benefits make this essential oil perfect for sensitive dogs. While many supplements that help with joint and skin disorders do also contain natural aspirin, Boswellia is the only source I know of that offers the full spectrum of benefits of both.
HEMP SEED POWDER
What are the Benefits of Hemp Seed Powder for Dogs?
Hemp Seed, also known as Cannabidiol or CBD, is a versatile supplement for dogs and cats. It’s highly effective for a wide range of disorders.
TONS OF TOXINS ELIMINATED
Despite the best intentions, we have all seen the telltale evidence of pet ingestion of prescription drugs, toxins, and pharmaceuticals. Hemp seed powder does a fantastic job of completely ridding pets of toxins like Benadryl, and Chlorpheniramine. Its safety profile and scientific research make it one of the safest natural supplements available.
Pet dogs and cats are highly susceptible to joint, organ, skin, and respiratory inflammation from some common everyday substances. Hemp seed has been shown to reduce the symptoms of inflammation caused by allergies, atopic dermatitis, and flea infestations. As mentioned above, hemp seed has a safe and positive effect on immune function, which also means it’s an excellent supplement for pets with skin conditions like dermatitis, kennel cough, and licking allergies.
BENEFITS FOR ALL ANIMALS
If you are new to introducing hemp into your dog’s diet, be sure to first talk with your veterinarian. It’s always best to learn about any new supplement that comes into the home before you try it. Hemp seed is not approved for use in dogs, and it may interact negatively with other medicines and supplements.
It’s also important to consider that because hemp seeds are full of the essential amino acids that your pet needs, they have a positive effect on health. They’re a very good source of vitamins and minerals, and they’re an excellent source of healthy fats, including Omega 3 fatty acids.
Does CBD Oil (Cannabidiol) help dogs with mobility and joint pain?
It is said that CBD Oil works just as well as other NSAIDs like Ibuprofen and Aspirin, but usually in much lesser quantities. CBD Oil tends to be absorbed better when applied topically on joints and paws. The advantage of CBD Oil is that it is both an analgesic and anti-inflammatory in nature.
Is CBD Oil helpful in treating acute disease?
Many dogs suffer from acute illnesses. Though the term “acute disease” is commonly associated with those that affect elderly dogs, such as arthritis, there are several other acute diseases in dogs that can be treated with CBD Oil.
Other animals suffering from acute illnesses like diabetes and cystitis can also benefit from CBD Oil treatment.