How do you deal with the highs and lows of a dog? Maybe it’s time you considered CBD for dogs! CBD is a natural compound derived from hemp that helps calm nervous dogs and alleviates discomfort. One of the easiest ways for your dog to get some is through CBD dog treats, but you may be wondering, “how do I get CBD dog treats near me?”
Well, you’ve come to the right place! Here at Healthy Petables, we offer some of the best treats on the market you can buy for your dog. Let’s take a look at how to find some of the best CBD dog treats (or soft chews) near you and how you can find them online as well!
How to Find CBD Dog Treats Near Me Using Local Maps on Google
CBD was only legalized in the United States in 2018, so finding CBD dog treats at your local pet store may still be difficult. Luckily, one great resource you can use to find any nearby CBD dog treats is the Local Maps feature on Google Maps.
Your best bet to find them is most likely at pet stores, animal hospitals, and even some cannabis dispensaries. Here are some quick and easy instructions on how to use the Local Maps feature on Google Maps to get ahold of some tasty dog treats:
- Go to Google Maps on your web browser or use the Google Maps app on your phone or tablet. Confirm that your location is turned on, so Maps can center on your location.
- In the search bar, type “CBD dog treats” and press enter (or click the magnifying glass).
- A list of stores that sell CBD dog treats will appear. Google Maps will pin the locations of the stores on the map, which you can sort by rating or distance.
- Browse through the list and consider the type of store, the distance from you, their hours of operation, and any other general information. Pet stores will usually have the largest selection of CBD dog treats.
- Click on your desired store. It might be good to call or view the website to confirm that they carry CBD dog treats.
- Route your way to the store!
Are There Risks to Buying CBD Dog Treats a Store from Local Merchants
Stores are great because you can probably get them the same day if you really need CBD dog treats right away. However, if you’re going to go this route, there are a few risks you should be aware of:
- Inconsistent standards: CBD has boomed in popularity in recent years, so there are many choices when it comes to CBD for pets. However, this has also resulted in inconsistent CBD standards. This makes shopping almost a guessing game as one product might have high-quality CBD, but a similar product right next to it on the shelf might be low-quality CBD.
- Limited selection: Local stores will most likely only have a limited selection of CBD dog treats. They might only carry one or two brands, which doesn’t really give you much of a choice.
- Overpriced products: With a limited selection, local stores can pretty much charge whatever they want. You can’t compare prices between brands or look for the best deal because – frankly, there isn’t much to choose from.
- Limited product knowledge: You’ll probably buy CBD dog treats from a pet store or cannabis store, both of which sell much more than just dog treats. Therefore, the store associates will likely have limited knowledge on CBD and maybe even less knowledge on CBD dog treats.
How To Find a CBD Dog Treats Online
CBD dog treats are easy to find online! Since the 2018 Farm Bill legalized all hemp and hemp-derived products, it might be easier than you think to find them online.
Follow these steps to find them online:
- Open your internet browser and navigate to your favorite search engine.
- In the search bar, type “CBD dog treats,” then press ‘Enter’ on your keyboard.
- The page will display a list of popular websites that sell CBD dog treats.
- Browse through the different websites and select a brand and product you like.
- Add the CBD dog treats to your shopping cart and checkout.
- Within a week or so, your dog treats should arrive at your front door!
What To Look For When Looking For a CBD Dog Treats
Finding the right treats for your pup is the most important thing, so make sure you do proper research and compare different brands.
Here are a few tips on what to look for when you’re shopping around:
- Certificates Of Analysis (COAs): Look for a company that provides Certificates of Analysis (COA) for the hemp they use in their products. A COA shows that a third-party lab has tested the product to determine its full cannabinoid profile and CBD content accuracy. COAs should be readily available for you to view.
- Quality Ingredients: A good product will be upfront with its ingredients and show exactly what goes into every dog treat. Make sure there are only high-quality ingredients with no additional preservatives or artificial flavoring.
- Competitive Pricing: If you’re shopping online, it’s easy to compare prices between different companies. Make sure to check out a few different companies to see what they offer and choose one that fits your price range. TIP: Remember to compare the amount of CBD to the price to find the best bang for your buck.
- Good Reviews: See what other customers are saying about the product! If it’s a high-quality product, customers will talk about their positive experiences with the brand. You might even be able to learn about their customer service policies, like free shipping or money-back guarantees!
Ingredients To Avoid
When you’re shopping for dog treats, look at the ingredients list first. Some ingredients can be harmful and take away from the nutritional value of the treats.
Try to avoid these ingredients:
- More than 0.3% THC (this can be illegal depending on where you live!)
- Synthetic ingredients
- Processed food ingredients
- Artificial colors or flavors
- Preservatives, additives, GMOs
- Unhealthy fillers like grain meal
- Animal byproducts
Quality Ingredients To Look For
You know what they say – “You are what you eat.” This applies directly to your dog as well. If you want your dog to be healthy, you have to feed them a balanced diet of quality ingredients.
When shopping around for CBD treats, look for these ingredients:
- Human-grade food ingredients
- 100% natural, organic, vegan
- CBD derived from USA grown hemp
- Beneficial vitamins and nutrients
Remember that CBD products are not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any health issues for your dog. If they are experiencing constant pain or discomfort, take them to the vet to get a checkup!
USA Grown Hemp CBD Vs Imported Hemp CBD
One important thing to factor in is where the hemp is grown. USA grown hemp and imported hemp are very different because they are subject to different regulations. If the label says USA-grown hemp or cites a source from a particular farm, there’s a good chance it is high-quality hemp.
USA grown hemp is better because hemp production in the U.S. is highly regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Environment Protection Agency (EPA), and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
On the other hand, imported hemp does not have to adhere to any of those regulations. Imported hemp could be of far lower quality, and it might contain harmful additives or preservatives. In some cases, imported hemp might even have over 0.3% THC, which is over the legal limit.
Final Thoughts – CBD Dog Treats Near Me
Tired of all the yapping, barking, and nervous shivering? CBD dog treats might be exactly what your pup needs to calm them down when they get overexcited or to ease nagging discomfort in their joints. Best of all, they’re easier to find than ever!
If you can find a CBD store near you that has everything you need, you’re probably in luck. However, buying CBD products online may be the best option for the rest of us. You can compare multiple brands for ingredients, quality, price, and much more!